Coaches from Stoke City FC of the English Premier League will return to Des Moines this summer on a search for talent after an impressive 2016 Player Identification Camp.
Last August, more than 50 boys and girls, ages 7-19, participated in the three-day identification camp. Players experienced what a real Stoke City Academy training session was like, and seven players were selected to take part in the next step of Stoke City’s progression – a national camp this summer in Atlanta.
Rockne Carver and Austin Lane were two of the players selected.
“I’m excited to train with top players and Premier League coaches at the Stoke City National Camp this summer,” said Carver, who is entering sixth grade at Urbandale Middle School. “My goal is to be a professional player, and this will help me take the next step towards that goal.”
Lane, a member of the Menace Academy 13U squad, said this opportunity is helping his long-term development as a soccer player.
“The quality and intensity of the camp sessions were very important parts of the experience last summer and sessions in the future,” Lane said.
So, who’s next? Find details below for your opportunity to work with Stoke City FC coaches.
2017 CAMP INFORMATION
Age groups: Boys and girls, ages 7-19
Location: Aliber Soccer Complex – 6220 Grand Ave. in Des Moines
Camp dates: Aug. 7-9
Session times: Click here for complete schedule
Cost: $135 per player and will include a Stoke City Academy camp shirt
Registration: Click here to get signed up today.
Selected players: Players who excel will be selected for the 2018 national camp.
ABOUT THE MENACE-STOKE CITY PARTNERSHIP
- The Potters, an EPL mainstay since 2008, will provide developmental opportunities for Menace Academy players and coaching staff in the years to come.
- Future opportunities for Menace Academy teams to travel and tour Stoke’s Academy, play against their youth teams, and watch the Stoke City first team in action at Britannia Stadium.
- Coaching education both in Des Moines and abroad for Menace Academy coaches.
- Menace Academy players will have access to webinars on college recruitment, sports science, and nutrition.
ABOUT STOKE CITY FC
- The world’s second-oldest soccer club.
- Founded in 1863 with the original name of the Stoke Ramblers.
- Club is based in Stoke-On-Tent, Staffordshire in England.
- For more information, visit StokeCityFC.com.
ABOUT THE MENACE: The Des Moines Menace provides the highest level of soccer in Iowa. Preparing for its 24th season, the Menace men’s team competes in the Premier Development League (PDL). Entering its sixth season, the Menace women’s team is part of the Women’s Premier Soccer League (WPSL). With loyal support, the Menace men’s and women’s teams play their home games at the Valley Stadium in West Des Moines to provide family-fun entertainment. The Menace organization provides the growth of the game of soccer in Iowa with their youth soccer programs, including Junior Menace (ages 3-9), Menace Youth Academy (ages six and older), and tournaments, camps and clinics.