Kyle Ihn signs a post-game autograph for a Menace fan. Photo credit: Joe Sprunger
Every week we spotlight Menace players in our “7 Facts” series. Make sure you’re paying attention – there’s an “alternative fact” in each story.
Let’s get to know goalkeeper Kyle Ihn.
1. A native of Wales, Wis., he was the captain of the U18 two-time Wisconsin State Cup championship team Waukesha Pumas, who also finished runner-up at the 2012 U.S. Youth Soccer Region II Championships.
2. He guided Kettle Moraine High School to two runner-up state tournament finishes.
3. Kyle recently graduated from Wisconsin-Green Bay. In the 2016 season, his senior year, he made 65 saves and recorded a 1.26 Goals Against Average for the Phoenix.
4. Kyle’s first shutout with the Menace came in Des Moines’ 1-0 win in Thunder Bay on June 9.
5. No stranger to the Premier Development League, Kyle played for Kokomo Mantis FC in 2016 and was in goal for all three games against the Menace – a win, a loss and a tie.
6. Last week, he trained with the Columbus Crew for Major League Soccer.
7. The right-handed goalkeeper is seeking his first professional contract.
Did you catch this week’s alternative fact? It was number 7… If you look closely at the picture that goes along with this story, you’ll see that Kyle is actually left handed.
Thanks for your support of Kyle and the Menace!
Story posted on Wednesday, July 5, 2017.
7 facts about…
Ann Marie Jaworski