Menace midfielder Hayden Partain wears jersey No. 7.
Every week we spotlight Menace players in our “7 Facts” series. Make sure you’re paying attention – there’s an “alternative fact” in each story.
Let’s get to know midfielder Hayden Partain.
1. Hayden has scored two-thirds of the Menace’s goals this season.
2. A Texas native, he has noticed that Iowa has a slower pace and smaller trucks than what he experienced in Texas.
3. He comes from a soccer family. His father played at the University of California – Los Angeles and Centenary College of Lousiana. He also played professionally for FC Bremerhave of the German Verbansliga and the Dallas Sidekicks, an indoor soccer team before the MLS. Hayden’s mother played for Texas Christian University.
4. An All-State quarterback at Frisco Wakeland High School, he was a four-year starter in the 5A division.
5. Toyota Stadium, where FC Dallas plays, is about one mile from where Hayden grew up.
6. His favorite part about a soccer match is goal celebrations because they are a way to get creative with his teammates and make the most out of the goal.
7. He helped Wake Forest University to its second-ever national championship game in 2016, his senior year. In that game, Wake Forest lost to Stanford 5-4 in penalties.
Did you catch this week’s alternative fact? That’s right, it was number 4…Hayden did play football, but he was a kicker for Wakeland.
Thanks for being with us this season, and thanks for your support of Hayden and the Menace!