Get your championship gear at Menace home games!
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa – Wednesday, July 15, 2014 – The road to the 2014 Premier Development League Championship goes through Iowa.
United Soccer Leagues officials have awarded the Des Moines Menace with the hosting rights for the Central Conference’s championship weekend at Valley Stadium in West Des Moines.
Friday, July 25 – Central Conference Semifinals
- 4:30 p.m.: St. Louis Lions (Heartland Division runner-up) vs. Michigan Bucks (Great Lakes Division champion)
- 7:30 p.m.: Menace (Heartland Division champion) vs. K-W United FC (Great Lakes Division runner-up)
Saturday, July 26 – Central Conference Championship
- 7:30 p.m.: Friday’s winners face off
TICKETS will be available at the stadium on game days, starting 90 minutes before kick-off:
- $9 single-day ticket for adults (19 and older)
- $7 single-day ticket for children (ages 5-18)
- $15 two-day pass for adults (19 and older)
- $12 two-day pass for children (ages 5-18)
- Free admission for children 4 years and younger
All 2014 season and individual tickets will be honored for all postseason games hosted by the Menace.
The Menace (10-1-1) has already secured the regular-season titles for the Heartland Division and the Central Conference. The franchise last hosted the PDL playoffs in 2009, when the team advanced to the quarterfinals.
This marks the Menace’s 12th playoff appearance and its fifth time hosting postseason action.
The winner of the July 26 Central Conference final will move on to the PDL Championship weekend, held August 1-3 at a venue yet to be determined.
UP NEXT: MENACE ROUNDS OUT THE REGULAR SEASON
- Des Moines hosts WSA Winnipeg for a Friday-Saturday doubleheader – both 7:30 p.m. kick-offs.
- Presented by Frito-Lay, Friday’s game is followed by fireworks.
- Saturday is Fan Appreciation Night, presented by Hussmann Industries.
ABOUT THE MENACE: The Des Moines Menace provides the highest level of soccer in Iowa. In its 21st season, the Menace men’s side competes in the 64-team United Soccer Leagues Premier Development League (PDL). The Menace’s women’s team played in the 2013 Women’s Premier Soccer League playoffs, after debuting as the Women’s League Soccer 2012 champions. The Menace teams play their home matches in a fun, family-friendly environment at Valley Stadium in West Des Moines. The organization promotes a healthy lifestyle through its popular youth programs, including the Menace Academy (select soccer for ages 9-19), camps, clinics, Junior Menace and tournaments.
FOLLOW THE MENACE: