Photo credit: Mike Hoogeveen / Megan's Legacy
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa – Wednesday, June 25, 2014 – For the second straight year, the Des Moines Menace is hosting a blood drive, made possible by LifeServe Blood Center and Megan’s Legacy.
Help others by being part of this Saturday’s Des Moines Menace Blood Drive at Valley Stadium, and you will receive two complimentary game tickets. We invite you to join the cause, and to enjoy a soccer tripleheader.
Who: Anyone willing to give to a great cause.
What: A blood drive, followed by free soccer for everyone who donates blood.
When: Saturday, June 28
- 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Blood drive in the Valley Stadium parking lot
- 2 p.m.: Iowa Girls High School All-Star game
- 4:30 p.m.: Women’s Premier Soccer League match between the Menace and the Kansas City Courage
- 7:30 p.m.: Premier Development League match between the Menace and the Thunder Bay Chill
- This is part of an action-packed soccer weekend, which concludes with a Sunday doubleheader (Iowa Boys High School All-Star Game at 5 p.m., Menace vs. Chill at 7:30 p.m.)
Where: Valley Stadium in West Des Moines (4440 Mills Civic Parkway)
The blood drive is sponsored by LifeServe Blood Center in partnership with Megan’s Legacy.
Megan’s Legacy is a charitable organization focused on funding research for Hemophagocytic LymphoHistiocytosis (HLH). More info can be found on their website: http://www.meganslegacy.org/
Please help spread the word of this Saturday’s Des Moines Menace Blood Drive. Together, we can make a difference!
ABOUT THE MENACE: The Des Moines Menace provides the highest level of soccer in Iowa. In its 21st season, the Menace men’s side competes in the 64-team United Soccer Leagues Premier Development League (PDL). The Menace’s women’s team played in the 2013 Women’s Premier Soccer League playoffs, after debuting as the Women’s League Soccer 2012 champions. The Menace teams play their home matches in a fun, family-friendly environment at Valley Stadium in West Des Moines. The organization promotes a healthy lifestyle through its popular youth programs, including the Menace Academy (select soccer for ages 9-19), camps, clinics, Junior Menace and tournaments.
FOLLOW THE MENACE: