Ann Marie Jaworski is in her first season with the Menace women. She wears No. 11.
Every week we spotlight Menace players in our “7 Facts” series. Make sure you’re paying attention – there’s an “alternative fact” in each story.
Let’s get to know a local player – Ann Marie Jaworski.
1. She is from Grinnell, and she helped lead Shattuck St. Mary’s to three straight Minnesota State Cup Championship appearances.
2. Ann Marie trained with the U19 U.S. national team in March and May 2016 and played in three friendlies with the team – two against New Zealand’s U19 team and one against the New Zealand national team.
3. Her father, Brian, is the head men’s soccer coach at Grinnell College.
4. She scored the game-tying goal during stoppage time in the Menace’s WPSL season opener draw, 2-2 against the Chicago Red Stars Reserves.
5. One of her brothers, John, plays semi-pro hockey for Sioux Falls Junior Stampede AAA, and her other brother, Calvin, plays for the 13U Menace Academy team that won the State Cup earlier this month.
6. She committed to Boston University because of family ties, the coaching staff and the team dynamic. Her first collegiate goal came in the Patriot League final on Nov. 6 when Bucknell beat the Terriers 2-1 in overtime.
7. She has been going to Menace games since she was little, and her favorite memories are getting jerseys signed by the players who went on to play in the MLS.
Did you catch this week’s alternative fact? It was number 4... Ann Marie did score in stoppage time of the Menace’s WPSL opener, but it was against the Kansas City Courage, not Chicago.
Thanks for your support of Ann Marie and the Menace!
Story posted on Friday, June 23, 2017.
7 facts about…